The Vienna Development team is happy to announce the beta release of Vienna 2.5. This is a testing release that, among other things, adds extendability via a new plugin development API and fixes a small number of bugs. To be more precise, the new plugins make it extremely simple to extend Vienna with sharing capabilities that leverage social networking sites like Facebook and Twitter.
Click to download: Vienna 2.5 BETA
Vienna 2.5 BETA requires Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard or higher to run.</p>
The Vienna 2.5 BETA version is pre-release software, and it may contain bugs. If you discover a bug, please create a new topic here in the Vienna forum and report the bug to us. Some tips for writing good bug reports can be found at https://forums.cocoaforge.com/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=9210. For safety, we recommend that you back up your files before running the beta version. Vienna’s files are located at “~/Library/Preferences/uk.co.opencommunity.vienna2.plist” and “~/Library/Application Support/Vienna”. When 2.5 goes out of beta, Vienna will automatically update to the release version.</p>
- Add support for plugins. For details, see the Plugin Documentation.
- Add a facility for automatic URL shortening via bit.ly that can be used by all plugins.
- Add "Share with Twitter" plugin and toolbar button.
- Add "Share with Facebook" plugin and toolbar button.
- Add "Share with Evernote" plugin and toolbar button.
- Web plugins (especially audio- and video-players) now continue to operate while in the background.
- Fix bug that caused Vienna to become unresponsive after deleting a feed in Unified view.
- Update to the current version of Sparkle, which prevents auto-updating to a version of Vienna which will not run on the user's system.
- Fix bug where deleting a feed in Unified view mode would cause Vienna to stop working correctly.